Congratulations on your decision to take part in a bespoke third year of Lead To Succeed, one that has been tailored specifically to align with the needs of VSA.
As discussed and agreed, this training will comprise the following:
- Dr Gary Turnbull will remain as the coach for the senior leadership team in Auckland with sessions continuing on a monthly basis.
- Semester 4 will be revisited with a different facilitator, Gary Turnbull.
- 2 new coaches will be assigned to support Mount Albert and Sylvia Park Team Leaders
- Gary Turnbull will commence monthly coaching with Damian Chase.
- A Christchurch coaching group may be established in 2021 depending on needs.
- Auckland Group: Carron, Richard, Rosie, Mike, Alana, Alastair +/- Sarah C; Dr Gary Turnbull, Lincoln Institute Director
- Mount Albert Leaders: Vicky, Leash, Damian, Lauren, Operations Manager; Dr Chris Gough, Lincoln Institute Director
- Sylvia Park Leaders: Kaylene, Sarah B, Ashley Y, Anne D, Sarah C; Dr Michael Powell, Lincoln Institute Director
- Dr Damian Chase; Dr Gary Turnbull.
The following outlines the content for each training group, based on management responsibility level and is to be delivered quarterly. Training sessions will be of a half day duration, delivered by virtual conference. Where there is the possibiility to coincide with other Lincoln commitments in NZ and host these sessions live, then this will be prioritised. Otherwise, this proposal has been prepared on a virtual conference basis. Timings for both coaching and training have been agreed as per below:
- ½ day training workshops will take place in November 2020, February 2021, May 2021 and August 2021. In the instance of live delivery, monthly sequencing may alter slightly.
- Coaching will take place in Dec 2020 and Jan, March, April, June, July, Sept & Oct 2021 (8 x 90 min sessions per group)
Group 1: Team Members
Start with knowing and leading yourself, progressing to knowing and working effectively with others. This includes topics such as:
Q1: • Iceberg – the power of seeing beneath the surface
• Flick the switch – this gets the team members talking the same language as the leaders
• 4 quadrants – this gets the team members talking the same language as the leaders
Q2: • Personal Accountability
• How others will hold us accountable and our role in its success
• Setting expectations
• What motivates us
• Our role in our own development
Q3: • Situational conversations
• What is ‘coaching’ and how to respond to it effectively
• Emotional Intelligence and how it supports your growth
Q4: • Planning and being part of a Change initiative
• Why delegation is both important and motivating
• Dealing with Conflict with other team members and your manager
Group 2: Team Leaders:
Start with knowing and leading yourself, progressing to knowing and leading others. This includes topics such as:
Q1: • Iceberg
• Flick the switch
• 4 quadrants
• Hiring for Talent
Q2: • Personal Accountability
• Holding others accountable
• Setting expectations
• Motivating people – recognition
• Developing people – Individual Development Reviews
Q3: • Situational conversations
Q4: • Leading Change
• Dealing with Conflict
Group 3: Senior Leadership
- This will begin with a revisit of semester 4, delivered by Gary Turnbull.
- Each monthly session thereafter will be a refresher on key topics as well as addressing any specific issues that are current. These are to be agreed with the facilitator 7 days prior to the event in order to provide enough time for preparation of the bespoke content.
The Emerging Leaders program is not a bespoke program however the following feedback will be incorporated going forward:
- A maximum of 20 mins prework comprising a maximum 10 mins of reading and 10 mins video
- Details/examples of extra content that can be explored will be mentioned at the session.
- Topics covered during COVID will be re-done
There will also be a deep dive/further exploration into these topics
- Difficult conversations
- Building Teams
- Social styles
- Decision making
Lincoln will also endeavour to give a challenge or focus at the end of the session. This will be a practical task or action for the team to apply/implement over the following week or month.
Education Link On-line Resource Centre
Your membership also includes ongoing, unlimited access to Education Link. This is a restricted online platform containing a multitude of useful resources including; book reviews, assignments, videos, course notes, and other content that will serve to accelerate and reinforce your learning. The website address is www.lincolnel.com.au.
Coaching: 4 x coaching groups x 8 sessions each (no coaching in the month of the half day workshop) $365 / session x total 32 sessions = $11,680
½ day workshops, 3 x groups x 4 sessions each per annum
$2,200 / session x total 12 sessions = $26,400
Total Investment = $38,080
Monthly Payments commencing in Nov 2020 = $3,172 per month
For your convenience, Lincoln Institute amortises the cost over 12 equal monthly instalments, starting in the first month of the Program, November 2020. As such, if you wish to exit the program mid-way through the year, Lincoln reserves the right to calculate associated costs to that point and, if applicable, charge an early exit fee.
Attendance at the group training days is mandatory for members of all teams. If individuals are unable to attend the group training sessions, you acknowledge that additional training may be required in order for them to be brought back up to speed with the other delegates on the program. If it is not possible to cover that content with another group within the Practice, you acknowledge that this additional training will be conducted one on one and will be charged accordingly.
Direct Debit Terms
This Direct Debit Agreement sets out the terms on which you have authorised us, the Lincoln Institute Pty Ltd to arrange for payment of amounts that become payable on your account to be made by deductions from your bank account at, or by charging your credit card with, your financial institution (Direct Debit Request).
Your Direct Debit Authorisation allows us to arrange for payment of the amounts due to the Lincoln Institute Pty Ltd for the services we provide to you, at the due date of your bill(s) or another date as agreed between us. This authorisation also enables any changes in those amounts and payment times, to occur automatically – you will not need to complete a new form. Any new contracted services added to your Lincoln Institute Pty Ltd account will be subject to these Direct Debit Conditions.
Invoicing of your Lincoln Institute Pty Ltd services is done on a monthly basis, at the time of billing. Recurring services are charged in the month that the services are performed. The Total Due value on the invoice will be the amount processed in the Direct Debit transaction.
You can cancel, vary, defer or suspend the Direct Debit Authority, or stop or suspend an individual debit from taking place under it, by emailing or calling us, but this must be arranged within 14 days of the due date of the invoice. If you do not provide us with this notice, we cannot guarantee the direct debit process can be stopped.
If you cancel, vary, defer or suspend your direct debit arrangements, or stop or suspend an individual debit from taking place under it, you must arrange with Lincoln Institute Pty Ltd a suitable alternative payment method for all outstanding fees due, and ongoing contractual obligations.
If a due date for a debit falls on a weekend/ public holiday the debit will be processed on the next business day.
You must ensure you have sufficient clear funds available in the nominated bank account (if you are paying by direct debit from your bank account) or that you have sufficient credit available on your nominated credit card (if you are paying by credit card) on the due date to permit the payments under the Direct Debit Authority.
If a debit from your nominated bank account or to your nominated credit card is unsuccessful we will attempt to debit again twice. If still unsuccessful, we will contact you to arrange alternative payment or further deferral.
You must notify Lincoln Institute Pty Ltd if the nominated account is transferred or closed.
If you are paying by direct debit from a bank account, please ensure that your financial institution allows direct debits on your nominated account.
If any bank fees are incurred by Lincoln Institute Pty Ltd from a dishonoured direct debit, these fees may be passed on to you.
Upon cancellation of your contract with Lincoln Institute Pty Ltd, all direct debit requests will also be deemed cancelled.
Where you consider that a debit has been initiated incorrectly, you can contact our accounts via email with details of your dispute to [email protected].
Lincoln Institute Pty Ltd employs the policy of treating all records and account details relating to this Direct Debit Authority as Private. We will keep information about your bank account confidential, except to the extent necessary to administer your direct debit arrangements. If a claim is made on our financial institution in relation to an alleged incorrect or wrongful debit, we may be required to disclose this information to our financial institution.
To confirm and submit your registration, please click here.