What are The Veterinary Leadership Awards?
Annual Awards recognising exceptional achievements in leadership in the veterinary profession at a national level.
This Awards Night is proudly sponsored by Boehringer Ingelheim Australia and the Lincoln Institute.
All entrants for the award underwent a comprehensive full-practice Leadership Audit performed by Lincoln Institute which examined team and owner/manager review of achievements across 18 key leadership criteria.
Entrants were additionally required to provide a written submission, centred around leadership accomplishments in areas such as culture, well-being, financial performance, team and business development, recognition and feedback …to name a few.
Finalists, Runner-up and Winner were selected on the basis of Audit Scores, Assessment of written submission, and finally a rigorous panel review by leadership experts.
Why are these awards important?
- One of the biggest opportunities identified by the Veterinary Shortage Steering Committee investigations into attrition of veterinarians from general practice was ensuring better leadership in the veterinary industry at a practice level.
- These Veterinary Leadership Awards have been specifically designed to recognise veterinary practices and veterinary team members demonstrating exceptional leadership across Australia.
- The broader aim for these awards is to raise the leadership bar for the veterinary industry and to inspire a modern and innovative approach to the way veterinary practices lead their people.
- Lincoln Institute and Boehringer Ingelheim are passionate about the importance of great leadership and are proud to be taking affirmative action in one of the critical areas identified as key to addressing the industry challenge of veterinary shortages.
Where and when do they occur?
- Held on the first night of Lincoln Institute’s Annual 3-day Omega Summit
- The 2019 award’s night was Thursday 13th June 6:30-10.30pm.
- The venue for 2019 was the Sheraton Grand Mirage, Gold Coast.
- This is the Award Night’s second year running.
Australia’s Best Led Practice Award Winners 2019
Pets And Their People – Dr Alan Dalgarno & Dr Vron Wah-Day
(Received award as well as a Lincoln scholarship worth $4000)
The runner up:
Gawler Animal Hospital – Dr Steve Crouch & Dr Dave McPhail
(Received award as well as a Lincoln scholarship worth $2600)
The three highly commended finalists for 2019:
- Mulberry Lane Vet Hospital – Dr Judith Carney
- Wangaratta Veterinary Clinic – Drs Adam & Jo Willians
- Ripley Veterinary Hospital – Dr Andrew Hemming Sarah Hemming